St Michael’s Hospice is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association and the Lotteries Council. Both organisations are committed to using lotteries to fundraise responsibly and work together to encourage responsible gambling and access to support if needed.
Gambleaware www.gambleaware.co.uk provides such support.
Registered with the Gambling Commission for Great Britain under the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Sales close on 14th December 2021 and the draw takes place at St Michael’s Hospice on Thursday 16th December 2021 at 2pm.
All profits go directly to St Michael’s Hospice. All winners will be contacted.
Promoter: Mike Keel, St Michael’s Hospice, Bartestree, Hereford HR1 4HA
Terms and conditions
All profits from the SMH Lottery go directly towards funding the services provided by the Hospice, which provides care for adult patients living with a life-limiting illness and their families.
Definitions: ‘You/your’ refers to the lottery player. ‘We/our/us’ refers to St Michael’s
St Michael’s Hospice is committed to responsible fundraising.
St Michael’s Hospice Care is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by The Gambling Commission under account number 005114.
Licensee name – St Michael’s Hospice Account number – 5114
In 2020/21, £329,000 was raised from ticket sales in our weekly Lottery and seasonal
bumper draws, with 24% being spent on prizes, 9% spent on expenses and a fantastic 67% used to provide individualised care for our patients and their families.
Our weekly Lottery and seasonal raffles are a vital source of income and we thank you for your support.
Lottery is promoted by: St Michael’s Hospice, Bartestree, Hereford, HR1 4HA (Registered Charity No. 511179). Promotor: Mike Keel. Lottery Manager: Michelle Havard
To take part in our Lottery One-Off Prize Draw you must be aged 16 years or over, be a resident of Great Britain and agree to our full terms and conditions. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to play or to win a prize. In the event a person under 16 years old is inadvertently entered into the draw, no prize will be awarded and the stake money will be refunded.
Any person who subscribes to the Lottery One-Off Prize Draw is, by doing so, giving permission for the Promoter to undertake any appropriate action to verify the age of the player including, if necessary, seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information. We reserve the right to refuse an application at our absolute
discretion. Any such rejection may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Lottery Manager within 7 days. The decision of the Lottery Manager will be final.
Responsible gambling– St Michael’s Hospice promotes responsible gambling and has policies and procedures in place to protect the vulnerable. St Michael’s Hospice is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association, the Lotteries Council and the Fundraising Regulator. You can tell us at any time that you wish to be excluded from our Draw. For details on how to do this, please contact the Lottery Office. People who exclude themselves will not be able to join the Lottery or enter a prize draw for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
Our terms and conditions apply until replaced by an amended version. St Michael’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. We do not notify members individually of changes, but an up-to-date copy will be available on our website st-michaels-hospice.org.uk at least 5 days before any changes take effect.
The One-Off Prize Draw
The draw will be carried out on the advertised date and is based upon a subscription of £2 per entry. Each registration will receive a unique number. Only raffle tickets for which full payment has been received will be entered into the draw. We reserve the right, subject to holidays and unforeseen circumstances, to change the date of the draw without notice. In the event that the draw is delayed it will take place as soon as possible after the advertised date.
Our Christmas 2021 One-Off Draw Prizes are: 1stprize £2,500 (Cash Prize), 2nd prize £250 (shopping voucher), 3rdprize £100 (shopping voucher). The top three prize winners will be contacted by phone where possible. Prizes are sent out by post within 7 working days of the draw. A list of winning raffle numbers will be available on our website and by contacting the Lottery Team on: 01432 852602 during normal office hours.
To take part in St Michael’s Hospice Lottery One-Off Prize Draw you can purchase tickets:
- From SMH Messenger newsletter postal packs
- from St Michael’s Hospice main reception in Bartestree
- from our lottery team at events
- online: https://www.stmichaelshospicelottery.org/ by debit card
- over the phone from our Lottery Team using a debit card on 01432
Payments can be made by debit card, cheque or cash. Please be advised that a delay in us receiving payment may lead to your number not being entered into our Lottery One-Off Prize Draw. Postal tickets and payments will need to be returned by Friday 10th December 2021, closing date for the online and telephone tickets is midnight Tuesday 14th December 2021. The draw will take place on Thursday 16th December 2021 at 2pm.
Prize winners may be asked to take part in promotional activity and St Michael’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to feature the name, location of residence and photograph of the winner unless notified otherwise.
Change of personal details– it is the responsibility of the player to notify us of any change to their personal details. This is important as we issue letters and winners’ cheques to the name and address held on our database. Any unclaimed prize cheques will be held for 6 months and then treated as a donation.
Deceased member– If we are notified that a Lottery One-Off Prize Draw player has died any winnings will be made payable to the Executor.
Data protection– We hold your information under the Data Protection Act (2018). For security purposes you may be asked to confirm your personal information before we discuss your one-off Prize Draw subscription. We do not share or sell your data to third parties not representing or contracted to St Michael’s Hospice. We cannot accept liability for third- party loss, delay or theft of communication sent by post, email or fax, nor any delays in the banking system that are beyond our control.
What you think is important. We welcome suggestions on how to improve our Lottery and we take complaints very seriously. Telling us about a complaint allows us to make it right quickly. In the first instance this should be to the Lottery Manager. If we cannot resolve your complaint, it will be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS).
Contact us at: St Michael’s Hospice Lottery, Bartestree, Hereford, HR1 4HA, Telephone: 01432 851000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.st-michaels- hospice.org.uk.
Lottery Manager: Michelle Havard Promoter: Mike Keel
Lottery Terms and Conditions
St Michael’s Hospice Lottery is licensed with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. We are members of the Hospice Lotteries Association, The Lotteries Council and adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice and Fundraising Regulation.
Our Gambling Commission licence numbers:
000 – 005114 – N – 306677 – 011
05114 – A – 319606 – 005
Important information about St Michael’s Hospice Lottery
St Michael’s Hospice is committed to responsible fundraising.
To take part in our Lottery you must be aged 16 years or over, be a resident of Great Britain and agree to our full terms and conditions. If you fail to meet these criteria we reserve the right not to accept your membership.
In 2019 for every £1 Lottery entry sold, 60p was spend directly on Patient Care, 21p went towards Lottery Prizes and 19p was spent on administration, promotion of our cause and legal regulation.
In 2019, the likelihood of winning a prize was, on average, 1 in 264 in our regular weekly lottery.
In 2019, £380,751 was raised from ticket sales in our weekly lotteries and seasonal Bumper Draws, with 21% being spent on Prizes, 19% spent on Expenses and a fantastic 60% used to provide bespoke, individual care for all our patients and their families.
Lottery is promoted by: St Michael’s Hospice, Bartestree, Hereford, HR1 4HA (Registered Charity No. 511179). Promotor: Mike Keel.
St Michael’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
Entry to St Michael’s Hospice Lottery
- All profits from St Michael’s Hospice Lottery go direct to St Michael’s Hospice (Registered Charity 511179) to help fund running costs and patient care services.
- All participants of St Michael’s Hospice Lottery must be aged 16 years or over.
- Entry costs £1 per play.
- Only lottery numbers that have been paid for in advance will be entered into the draw.
- St Michael’s Hospice Lotteries Ltd is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- To become a lottery player you can join: – Online: www.st-michaels-hospcie.org.uk – By telephone: 01432 851000 – Complete an St Michael’s Hospice Lottery joining leaflet – Via one of our St Michael’s Hospice Lottery Promoters who undertake door to door canvassing and promotional activities.
- Payments can be made monthly (£4.34), quarterly (£13), half yearly (£26) or annually (£52).
- Lottery players can pay by Direct Debit (this is the most cost effective method of payment for the Hospice), Cheque, Debit Card or by company Payroll. If your employer has a corporate membership scheme you can pay via payroll deduction.
- Please be advised that a delay in us receiving payment may lead to your lottery number not being entered into our lottery draw. If you miss a payment you never owe us money – instead, your lottery number is not placed in the lottery draw for the period missed.
- Upon processing your lottery application you will be issued with a unique randomly selected lottery number. This will be sent to you by post. This number will remain allocated to you until you no longer wish to play St Michael’s Hospice Lottery.
- Our weekly draw normally takes place every Friday. We reserve the right, subject to holidays and unforeseen circumstances, to change the draw date without notice. In the event that a draw is delayed it will take place as soon as possible and before the next weekly draw.
- Our weekly prizes are: 1st prize: £1,000. Runner-up prizes: £200, £75, £25, 20 X £10.
- It is the responsibility of the lottery player to advise us of any change to their personal details. This is important as we only issue letters and prize cheques to the name and address held on our database Claiming Prizes & Winning Numbers.
- Prize cheques are automatically issued to Lottery subscribing players.
- Prize cheques will be sent by post within 7 days of the draw taking place. Prize cheques are made payable to the registered lottery player.
- A weekly winners list is available by visiting: www.st-michaels-hospice.org.uk
- Winning numbers are also published each week in the local press, announced on local radio stations and can be found on display in our Hospice Shops and on social media websites.
- Winners may be asked to take part in promotional activity and St Michael’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to feature the name, area and photograph of the winner resides unless notified otherwise.
- Any unclaimed prize cheques will be held for 12 months and will then be treated as a donation.
- Supporters who pay for their lottery number by Direct Debit on a monthly basis pay £4.34 per month. The 34p of a calendar monthly subscription of £4.34 will accumulate for occasions when there are 5 weekly draws in a month. If the amount accumulated is insufficient to cover a 5th weekly draw, the accumulated sum will carry over and the number will miss that draw, and any subsequent draws, until sufficient payment is received.
- As there are only four weeks in some months, credit is accrued on the lottery player account. This credit will be stored to ensure entry into every weekly draw.
- Lottery participation can be cancelled by notifying St Michael’s Hospice Lottery in writing, by telephone or by email. Cancellations after 5pm on a Wednesday may result in your lottery number still being entered into that week’s draw.
- If your lottery number has remaining credit at the point of cancellation your lottery number will continue to be entered into the lottery draw until your credit expires. Alternatively you may choose to donate your credit direct to St Michael’s Hospice or you can request a refund if your credit is greater than £10.
- Refunds will be paid by cheque upon request.
- When we are notified of the death of a player the Lottery account will be suspended. We will accept instructions from an Executor or next of kin to:
• Change the name on the lottery number
• Cancel and refund any remaining credit (greater than £10)
• Cancel and donate any remaining credit to St Michael’s Hospice.
In all instances we will require written notification and proof of Executor status.
- If payments are made by Standing Order, the Executor must also cancel the standing order agreement with the bank as we are unable to do this. If Standing Order payments continue to be received, these will be accepted as a donation to the Hospice unless alternative instruction is given.
- Once debit card payments have been processed, details are securely destroyed using a cross shredder.
- We do not share or sell your data to third parties. To ensure we keep you up to date with events and developments we may share your information within St Michael’s Hospice. Please contact the Lottery Office if you do not wish to receive correspondence from us.
- Any lottery player has the right to access the information that is held about them. To obtain this information please contact St Michael’s Hospice in writing.
Queries or Complaints
- If you have a query or complaint about St Michael’s Hospice Lottery please contact us in writing, by telephone or by email. Complaints will be dealt with in accordance to our complaints policy.
- In the event of a complaint or dispute not being resolved, it will be referred to arbitration. As we are a member of The Lotteries Council the complaint will be referred to The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS). www.ibas-uk.com Tel: 020 7347 5883. 41. In the event of any dispute regarding lottery rules, the decision of St Michael’s Hospice is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- St Michael’s Hospice Employees – Employees of St Michael’s Hospice are allowed to play the St Michael’s Hospice Lottery, except qualifying/responsible person(s) and Lottery staff.
- St Michael’s Hospice has the right to disqualify any lottery player if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the lottery player has breached St Michael’s Hospice Lottery terms and conditions.
- St Michael’s Hospice Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble responsibly. St Michael’s Hospice promotes responsible gambling and has policies and procedures in place to protect the vulnerable. St Michael’s Hospice is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association and The Lotteries Council. All three organisations are committed to using Lotteries to fundraise responsibly.
- Should gambling become a problem and you need support visit: www.begambleaware.co.uk Tel: 0808 8020 133.
- You can advise us that you wish to be excluded from our lottery at any time. Anyone wishing to be self-excluded will have their details placed on an exclusion database and will not be able to re-join our lottery or take part in any of our raffles for a minimum of 6 months.
- A copy of our terms and conditions may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Lottery Office, St Michael’s Hospice, Bartestree, Herefordshire, HR1 4HA.
All profits from our lottery from our lottery products go directly towards funding St Michael’s Hospice (Registered Charity Number: 511179) and its care services. St Michael’s Hospice provides palliative care across Herefordshire and surrounding areas for adults facing life limiting illnesses. We are a local independent charity and we are not associated to any other charity, even those with a similar name. St Michael’s Hospice is primarily funded by voluntary giving.
How to contact us: St Michael’s Hospice, Bartestree, Herefordshire, HR1 4HA Tel: 01432 851000 Email: email@example.com www.st-michaels-hospice.org.uk
Lottery Manager Michelle Havard
Promoter Mike Keel Revised: October 2020